Steps to creating a website on GitHub.
If you do not already have a username.github.io repository ( you need one ) or if you need to create a repository website you should check out the User, Organization, and Project Pages GitHub help documentation.
- The repository name will be used as the project name during website generation.
- The description will be used as the tagline for the website.
- To save time input the most relevent data the first time.
Use the GitHub The Automatic Page Generator to generate yourself a template website.
- Update the Project Name and Tagline as desired.
- Update the body section to contain
Template.only. ### Important! Having the body section say
Template.gives ghmd-ccs the information needed on where to put the main content from the markdown files.